We proudly offer the ultimate selection of fresh meat: pork, beef, veal, lamb, horsemeat, farm poultry, wild fowl and wild game. All meats are freshly cut and prepared by our butchers every day. Our unique assortment contains:
- Fresh Limousine beef - which is delivered to our shop from a small farm located in the Kutno area and run by a veterinary doctor practicating non-stress breeding.
- Outstanding Polish Angus beef - which is delivered from small abattoir, which is devoted to produce high quality aged beef - this is truly unique on the Polish market. Beef is richly marbled and wet-aged for 3 weeks. Producer is located in the Częstochowa area.
- Dry Aged Polish beef - the most tender steaks available! Aged for at least 30 days. Prime-class marbling.
- Aged beef from Argentine, Spain, USA - Black Angus from Argentina and USA, Charolaise from France, Prime meat from Spain - the best for juicy, tender steaks.
- Fresh lamb meat from Poland and Scotland - fine meat-breed lamb.
- Fresh and frozen game meat - meat from wild animals hunted in the clean, green Roztocze area. Our deliverer runs an agriculture household there and is one of the few in Poland who has the right to process game meat
- Ecological chickens - meat from the certificated organic Polish farms, naturally fed Polish chickens and exquisite French wild fowl.
- Large choice of the finest quality fresh meats (i.e. pork, veal, poultry) and frozen meats (i.e. wild fowl, American steaks, game meat and others).
Due to our family profession we are extremely committed to supplying meat of the finest quality which is carefully chosen and examined before it is offered for sale in our store.
When we opened the store in 1994 we decided not to cooperate with large butcheries. Instead we dedicated ourselves to finding small, regional butchers all over the country. We support the Slow Food movement which is dedicated to protecting our fundamental right to eat food that tastes good and to rediscovering taste instead of being passive consumers. Our aim is to source and supply the finest cooked and smoked meats produced without the use of any chemical additives or preservatives, corned in salt water with an aromatic flavour of herbs and spices, cured in the natural smoke produced from wood in small, traditional smokehouses. Therefore throughout theses 20 years we have succeeded into finding and sourcing plenty of unknown cooked and smoked meats as well as some delicious regional specialities:
- Cooked meats from Bacówka - small charcuterie. Cured dry, tied up with natural string and smoked in genuine alder smoke. These meats are naturally prepared over a long period without chemical injections.
- Cooked meats from Poznań - our shop also used to be known also as "Poznaniak" because of these meats. The Wielkopolskie region is a source of unique recipes with German influences. Some of these specialities are one of a kind: i.e. well known "Metka Poznańska", smoked "Wątrobianka" and Frankfurter sausages.
- Smoked meats from Mazury Smokehouse - extraordinary smoked meats from an agro-tourism farm located in the Mazury region. The highest quality, 100% natural ingredients and traditional Polish recipes. Only natural spices - no artificial additives. NO GLUTEN ADDED.
- Cooked meats from Home Larder - these meats are mainly from small mountain farms in the Podhale region. They are prepared in a completely natural manner - without chemical injections, cured in pure brine, smoked in alder and beech smoke.
- Borderland cooked meats - are manufactured according to old Polish recipes from the east lands (now Ukraine). Delicious Kindziuks and Skalandises are great examples of these specialities. The producer is a small company from the Białystok area, who has been awarded with regional quality mark.
- Game cooked meats - wild animals hunted in the Bory Niemodlińskie forest. Our supplier runs agriculture household there, and a small meat processing plant.
- Silesian cooked meats - produced according to genuine German recipes, delivered from small charcuterie located next to Zgorzelec.
- Countryside cooked meats - prepared in small farms in the Podlesie region. Natural, prepared just after slaughter.
Our offer is completed by cooked, cured, smoked meats discovered during our trips around Europe. Matured hams from southern countries, Lithuanian sausages, Hungarian salami, French Foie Gras, German hams, and many, many others.
We also offer a wide selection of home-made foods from our best and carefully chosen suppliers. Fresh goods supplied on a daily basis are a very convenient solution for our hard-working customers to prepare a delicious meal within just a few minutes. Our goal is to provide gourmet foods without artificial preservatives and aromas. This is why they taste so good and have a short expiry date.
We encourage you to try 'Babcia Jasia' specials: dumplings, delicious mini-dumplings, pancakes and salads - they're are our own hand-made traditional Polish meals. Superb quality with no artificial additives.
To fully enjoy our delicious charcuterie and meats you need an appropriate complement. And nothing emphasises the taste of good food better than a perfectly matched wine. For the past few years we have been able to proudly offer fine and carefully selected wines from France, Italy, Spain and the New World. Our small yet expertly designed enotheca is collected by experienced sommelier in order to perfectly match type of wines to our meat assortment.
We offer fresh breads and pans of the highest quality supplied by selected bakeries which follow the best baking Polish traditions.
Last but not least, to complement our finest meats we offer sauces, spices and herbs. These products are carefully selected according to the requests and tips of our customers. When ordering at our store you can choose from a wide selection of spices, sauces, mustards, mayonnaises, pastas and pickled vegetables harvested from ecological farms.